Choose your language

Temporary Visas

United States immigration law allows people with certain skills and talents to be admitted to the U.S. on a temporary basis. Also known as nonimmigrant visas, these visas are available in a broad range of categories—each of which is intended for specific purposes and which has been designated a different letter of the alphabet by Congress.

Here are a few of the more common nonimmigrant visas:

B-1 business visitors

E-1 or E-2 for an employee (or the trader or investor him/herself) of a company with majority ownership by citizens of a country with which the U.S. has a trade or investment treaty

F-1 student in possession of a USCIS-issued employment authorization document for "optional practical training" or an authorization to work indicated on the student’s Form I-20 issued by a school official for "curricular practical training"

H-2B enables U.S. businesses and agents to fill temporary needs for nonimmigrant workers that work on a seasonal period each year.

H-1B professional employee in a "specialty occupation" who holds a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in the applicable field of endeavor

J-1 exchange visitor with specific authorization to work for your company or with "practical training" authorization

L-1A intracompany managerial/executive transfer from overseas office

L-1B intracompany "specialized knowledge" transfer from overseas office

O-1 for a person with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics

TN professional from Canada or Mexico

Whichever visa is best suited for you, our attorneys can effectively assist you.

For more information about the temporary visa process and how our firm can assist you, please contact us for a free in person consultation.


As a firm, we are committed to exploring all of the possible legal options you may have for immigrating to the U.S. or bringing eligible members of your family here.

There are family specific visa categories that we can assist you with. Some of the categories are for immediate relatives, the family preference categories, and more specialized categories like the K visa and V visa (for fiances and spouses).

We can assist eligible persons to obtain permanent resident status in the United States through adjustment of status or assist with obtaining permanent resident status while abroad through consular processing. Each situation is unique and we actively work to achieve a timely and successful outcome in every case.

For more information on how our firm can help you or your family with your immigration concerns, please contact us for a free in person consultation.

Employment Based Permanent Residence

Because employers in the United States cannot always find the skilled workers they, United States immigration law allows people with certain skills and talents to become lawful permanent residents.

First Preference (EB-1): this category includes immigrants of "extraordinary ability" in their field of endeavor, outstanding professors and researchers, and certain multinational executives and managers.

Second Preference (EB-2): business visa reserved for members of the professions holding advanced degrees or persons of exceptional ability

Third Preference (EB-3): reserved for skilled workers and professionals (applicants whose employment requirements demand at least a bachelor’s degree or 2 years of work experience)

Third Preference (EB-3-OW): reserved for workers whose employment requires an educational level less than a bachelor’s degree or employment experience under two years

Fourth Preference (EB-4): this category is generally composed of certain religious workers, such as ministers and other religious functionaries

Fifth Preference (EB-5): reserved for those who make a substantial investment ($1 million or more) in a business that also creates employment for at least 10 workers

In most cases, obtaining a permanent business visa requires that the individual or business take specific steps, and demonstrate certain facts through the process known as PERM labor certification. Our firm has lawyers that can help with this often complicated process to help navigate it with success. In exceptional cases, the labor certification process may be waived.

For more information about the business visa categories and how our firm can assist you, please contact us for a free in person consultation.


If returning to your country of origin makes you afraid for the safety of yourself or your family, you may be able to obtain lawful status in the U.S. through a grant of asylum. This holds true if your fear is based on one or more of several different reasons, including: race, gender, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, political beliefs, membership in a particular social group, and possibly domestic abuse.

If you have already obtained a grant of asylum, we can also assist in obtaining your permanent residency.

For more information about obtaining a grant of asylum and how our firm can assist you, please contact us for a free in person consultation.


The right to an attorney is one of the most important rights given to individuals in removal proceedings. However, the U.S. government is not required to provide an attorney free of charge.

Although the deportation and removal process is similar to a criminal trial, it is not considered a criminal proceeding. However, Immigration Court rules can be very strict. Hearings cannot be missed and the judge’s directions must be followed to the letter. For this reason, it is extremely important that individuals in removal proceedings have effective representation.

Our firm can and has handled extremely complex deportation and removal cases with success and we advocate vigorously in our representation.

If you are currently in custody or are otherwise awaiting deportation and removal hearings, you MUST have an effective attorney. We can act immediately on your behalf. Please contact our office for a free in person consultation if you or someone you know is in deportation or removal proceedings.

Your case will be handled by an experienced attorney licensed in the appropriate jurisdiction.